Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Curb Appeal: Tattered Rail


So my mom recently e-mailed me an article from Southern Living.  The featured house reminded her of 1148 and she thought we could get some good ideas for our upcoming curb-appeal projects. 

Well she was right. If you look at the before and after photos from SL you'll notice the before image much like our digs has an awkward, non-craftsman style railing on the front porch. Well I
 decided to do something about it....

Tools Required:
Hammer
Drill
non-flip flop oriented shoes
protective eye-ware*
Woodchuck Amber (for liquid courage)

So our railings had aged out, to say the least.  They were hastily crafted and not very well secured but took negotiating with the hammer, drill and a little husband muscle power.

I started with the obvious--unscrewing the brackets.  Once that was completed and still not much budge, I got to it with the hammer.  In about 5 minutes I was totally stress free 
and rail free as well.

A quick, easy and low intensity project that made a major impact on curb appeal.  

Cheers,
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment